Monday, November 5, 2012

I Love Life

This is a day that I will remember for a very long time.  My grandpa passed away earlier this morning after a long life well lived.  I have learned some valuable lessons from this man I call grandpa.
It is always a difficult thing when death arrives but more than that a very spiritual time of reflection for me.  Let me share a little personal insight with you today with the hope that you can understand my feelings.
Death is just another step in eternal progression.  It happens exactly how it was designed.  In this Plan we all agreed with it and gladly followed our Father and His Son.  This part of the Plan becomes clearer to me with every passing day.  I am grateful that my grandpa can more forward in this very important part of his eternal destiny.  A great reunion awaited him for which I am most grateful.
One of the greatest lessons (and a nice reminder) is that I try to live my life to the best of my ability.  This does not mean that a fanatical approach should ensue, rather a consistent and positive approach to how and why I do the things I do.
I love my Heavenly Father and His Son, my Savior.  I am thankful for all that they do for me.  I give thanks to them for the knowledge that I receive.  I am thankful for the people around me who are examples of goodness.  My grandpa was an example to me of hard work and dedication in all that he did.
I have watched my grandma do exactly what she committed to do the day that her and grandpa wed.  She has stood by his side through the hard and the easy of life.  She has weathered the storms of life with him side by side.  She has taken care of him right until the end and I applaud her for her sweet efforts.  I love my grandpa and grandma!
I am thankful to have been born of goodly parents who love each other.  I thank my mom for her kindness with both of her parents this past week--actually for an entire lifetime.  She has been the rock that they have always been able to count on.  It is through her wonderful acts of love that I have learned some of life's greatest lessons.  I love you mom and I know that heaven continues to shine on our family every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment