Tuesday, November 6, 2012

One of My Favorite Days

Every year I love this day.  This year is no different.  Today we celebrate the birthday of my wife Becky.  It is because of this day many years ago that I find great joy and immense happiness.
I wanted to use today’s post to name several reasons why Becky blesses my life and then I hope that each of you will implement these things into your own marriages and relationships to bless and make better.

One:

Becky is the definition of unselfish.  She thinks of herself and what she wants or needs behind that of someone else.  Some might think this a personal fault.  Wrong!  Her life is blessed because she has ‘figured’ this principle out in her own life.  Our family is blessed for her kindness.  Some time ago, Becky went grocery shopping and bought the fixings for a delicious meal—one of our family’s favorites.  She got home and found out that there was a family who needed a meal brought into their home.  Becky fixed the meal she had planned for us and promptly took it to this family and opted to fix us something else.  I watched her make that decision and I felt grateful for her love and generosity for another.  We had other food and it was no problem for us. 

Two:

Becky loves to be at home.  She loves the comfort that she feels when she is at home with her family.  I am so grateful for this.  We live in a society where everyone is dashing about in all directions with chaos trailing closely behind at every turn.  The things at home are the victim of this chaos.  I am so thankful to Becky for making the things at home a top priority.

Three:

Becky loves God and His Son.  They are at the top of her list as the most important people in her life.  Because that is her priority, everyone else around her is richly blessed.  She follows their example and acts as they would want her to.  I have always loved that.

Four:

Becky is an outstanding wife!  She loves me and treats me with great respect as her husband and as a human being.  She is the easiest person to get along with and I feel honored to have her in my life.

Five:

All Becky wants to be is the best mom she can be.  She loves our children and she is concerned with their well-being.  She works tirelessly to help them reach their divine potential.  She teaches by word and example. 

Becky, I want to wish you the happiest birthday and I pray every day that I will be able to spend many years of happiness to come with you.  But no matter what, if we do our best we will have the blessing of living through the eternities with one another.  I love you! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment