Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Joy of Song

I am richly blessed to live in a household where every member of the family enjoys music. Becky and each of the kids is blessed with the talent to play multiple instruments and to want to share their abilities. The accoustic guitar is one of my favorite sounding instruments. I love the sounds that the various strings make and when a melody is played it's sound is hard to beat.
The other night Laurel played a piece that she had newly learned and Becky and I listened as she played and sang along. It was a quiet moment that fed my heart a remarkable peace that left me overjoyed. How thankful I am for those 'snapshots' of life that remain memorable for a very long time after they happen. I am grateful for the sharing of talents that uplifts and edifies my heart and soul. There's nothing quite like music.

No comments:

Post a Comment