Thursday, December 20, 2012

Personal Revelation

Nope, this is not Sunday school class but I did want to share an experience that touched me and helped me realize that my own life is filled with the 'tender mercies' of someone who really cares about me and is well aware of my existence.
Each person is of worth and there are qualities that we all have that are divine and eternal.
I was at the store and I stopped to think about one of the reasons I was there when I spotted a woman who was a little 'down on her luck'.  I watched her for a few minutes and then the thought came to my mind that she somehow needed to know she was important and that somebody really cared about her on that particular time, and in that specific place.  I contemplated how I would communicate that to her when I didn't know her at all.  I mustered the cvourage to approach her and as I did so her head lifted and her face looked at mine.  I said hello to her and began some small talk with her.  She wasn't quick to talk to me but she did a little.  I finally found a good spot in the conversation to tell her that she had someone who loved her very much and that her Heavenly Father knew what she was experiencing.  She nodded her agreement and verbalized her knowledge of what I said.  It was a good thing for me to think about and to better understand that God is aware of all of our lives.  He loves us and wants us to be happy.  It is because of His love that I feel important and needed in all that I do.  Things are revealed each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment