Sunday, November 25, 2012

People

I stopped to grab a soda pop at one of the local gas stations in Magna.  As I stood at the fountain area filling my cup with soda a woman approached the fountain area.  I said good morning and she replied a good morning back to me.  The couple of short minutes that I was in the store I watched several people carefully.  I watched their mannerisms and the way that they walked and talked.  I watched what they purchased.  I found out a lot about a few people at a very early hour of the day without uttering a word to them.
What do people think of me when they are doing the same exercise I just did?  Am I somebody that they find to be happy?
I thought about this as I drove to work.  I understand that there are a lot of assumptions made when you do what I did in the store but there were some obvious things that I picked up on too.  I want to be a person that when somebody sees me they immediately feel like I am friendly.  I want to be seen as a good person who is trying to do my best.  I want people to feel comfortable when they are around me.  We are all children of the same Creator.  We are all trying to get to the same place.  It is my desire to be good in all that I do and to help others be the best that they can be.
Life is filled with joy and that joy comes from treating others with love and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment