Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dads And Donuts

Today I had the opportunity to spend some time with both of our sons, Danny and Brady, at their school Pleasant Green Elementary for 'Dads and Donuts'.  This occasion is where dads take their kids over to the school thirty minutes before the beginning of school and the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) serves donuts and hands out water bottles.  The objective is to give some time where parents and children can enjoy a donut while they are reading.  
We got there a little later than we had hoped and the gymnasium was packed with people.  We got a donut and a water bottle and found some standing room and visited with each other.  It was a great way to spend time with our sons and to be in their regular environment at a time when I would normally be at work.
I do love our children and the enjoyment that I experience when I am with them.
It's a rich blessing to be a parent and to enjoy the relationships that I have with our children.  I love them so much!  They are important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment