Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Different People You Meet

I have talked before about the people in life that make a positive impact.  Let me take a minute to tell you about somebody that taught me a valuable lesson.
I watched our youngest child, our son Danny.  He asked me how I learned to whistle so loud.  How old were you when you learned?  He loves to learn and he's not afraid to do what it takes to learn something new.  He wanted to know how to whistle.  We took a few minutes and I showed him how to shape his lips and to place his tongue.  Remember, he wants to know how to whistle really loud.  After I showed him I told him that it would take a lot of practice to fully learn.  He began to practice. With each day, the whistle has gotten increasingly better.  He can't whistle loud yet but it will come eventually.
I love to watch when people get excited about something and their determination to conquer kicks in.
I want to be that way.  Thanks Danny for your example!

No comments:

Post a Comment