Sunday, October 7, 2012

Press Forward With A Renewed Energy

Today was one of those days that you 'bookmark' in the book of life.  Our family had tickets to attend the morning session of General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It couldn't have been better if we would have planned the entire experience ourselves.  From the talks that were given, to the music that was sung, and the conversations we coincidentally had with people we didn't even know.  It was a day for the record books.
I am so grateful for the life that I have.  I am thankful for Becky and the light she brings into my life.  I am thankful for our children and the perspective that they give to me of life and the important aspects of it.  I am thankful for the knowledge that I receive through the whisperings of the 'still small voice', even the Holy Ghost.  I know that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us dearly.  He wants the very best for us and stands ready to hear and answer the desires of our hearts.  He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to show us the pathway that we must go, and then He did what only He could do.   It is only through His Atonement that we can overcome the heartache and sorrow that come from the mistakes that we make, make the necessary corrections on our part, and gain complete forgiveness for those errors and then draw closer to our Heavenly Father.  It is only by Him and through Him that we really come to understand the divine Plan of our Heavenly Father.  I am grateful for these truths that carry me forward, day by day.
There is a drive to do a little better each day that passes by.  Just a little at a time makes a huge difference.
How thankful I am for the eternal blessings that are showered upon me in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment