Saturday, September 15, 2012

Work It!

I am amazed at the hustle and determination of people that I watch.  While at soccer practice, I watched as the kids followed the instructions that were given them.  I understand that in the evening after their day has already been full of activities they come with inner strength and they give it their best.  I help coach on Danny's team and I am always thrilled by the effort given by all of the kids on the team.  We instructed them to do a specific drill where the ball was tossed into the air and each player was then required to stop the ball, only using their feet to gain full control of it.  That isn't always the easiest task because depending on how the ball is tossed dictates the players body position to gain control of the soccer ball.  We practiced that over and over with a clear explanation of why we were running this drill.  After a while the kids were 'catchingon' to the concept and now they can implement that skill into their play.  Practice is a beautiful way to hone skills that make you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment