Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Team Work

I attended a training opportunity in St. Louis, Missouri. It was a week long course and the training was done in a team-oriented environment. Each day I was teamed with five other people where we would discuss the various topics that were given to us. It was a valuable opportunity where I learned a great deal about myself and about others. I like to think of the grand possibilities that can come when we work as a team. I was a member of a intramural flag football team, back in Junior High School. We played at lunch time. I was very small but I could run pretty fast. I will never forget the team that I was assigned to. Nobody was big and we were not 'stacked' with the most football talent. A coach told us that we ought to find our strengths and then go to work on creating the right combinations so that we would be competitive. I must admit that I was apprehensive about our chances to be anywhere near being competitive. We had a girl on our team who had some vision on our possibilities. We began to work together and form some 'plays' that would bring out the best in the talent that we had. We played our first game and we handled the team quite easily. The second, third, fourth. We beat them all. Within a couple of weeks we saw our team play competitively. It was a fun time and a lesson was taught to me personally. Do your very best with what you have and everything will be okay. I believe that even today.

No comments:

Post a Comment