Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Do It The Right Way

As an employee for the Boeing Company, there are many different people with different cultural backgrounds and their upbringing is even more different.  I find it interesting how different a person's work ethic is.  From the day I started as an employee for McDonnell Douglas, I knew that the quality of work I did would in some way directly impact a family member of mine as well as myself.  I knew that a quality product was the only way to go.  Well, a short time ago, a teammate, who is relatively new to the company, approached me about a particular process he had followed while building a specific aircraft detail.  My eye immediately spotted something in his process that wasn't right.  I pointed out my observation and he looked at me like there was no big deal.  I hesitated telling him anything else but couldn't do that in good conscience.  I took a moment to tell him of the importance of doing a good job, the first time.  We talked about many things throughout our conversation.  When we were through discussing the topic I walked away and was grateful for the work ethic I was blessed with.  I was grateful to my parents for instilling in me the importance of doing a good job.
Our lives are filled with opportunities to do the right thing, no matter what it is.  I was reminded, again, that doing things the right way is the best way!

No comments:

Post a Comment