Wednesday, July 25, 2012

You Are On My MInd

Some years ago, Becky and I received a handwritten letter from a person. In the letter this person expressed their appreciation for the way that we were raising our young children. The man thanked us for being kind and gentle with them and talking nicely to them. He told us that he had watched our approach to raising our children and was grateful for the way we were trying to do it. This man and his wife had already raised their children and so for a letter to come from him, I knew that he knew of the experiences we were going through. We appreciated that very much. The older I have gotten the more grateful I am that he would take a few minutes and pen his feelings that would then encourage and buoy us up in our parenting approach.
I would encourage each of us to do something similar to that. If there is someone who is on your mind and you will take a minute to express your appreciation for them, it will lift them higher than anything else.
I am so grateful for the kind words that come from others. It is those acts of kindness that help get us through the various endeavors that we will pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment