Sunday, July 22, 2012

Use Your Tongue Wisely

It is a great blessing to be able to communicate with one another and be uplifted in our lives by the words that we speak. Our tongues are also one of the most deadly weapons. I spoke with a woman who is a victim of serious verbal abuse from a former husband of twenty years. Once she divorced him and received some counseling to help work through the various issues that she had her life has gotten back to a semi-normal state and the future looks bright. Her trials were battled through the awful use of the tongue. We have heard it our whole lives but let me say it again. Be a person who speaks kindly and gently, especially to your spouse and children. I want to be a person that Becky and our children can trust without reservation. I want them to feel safe when they're around me. I want them to feel peace and security--PERIOD! Let that be the same for each one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment