Friday, July 13, 2012

Truth Download

I really love it when something hits me and makes me feel good.  From the time that I was a young boy, religion has played an important role in my life--a central role.  I was taught in a home the good things of life and I saw and felt the truth.  I was taught to gain a love for the scriptures.  I gained a natural love for the Book of Mormon.  It spoke plainly and I felt of the power of that book.  As a full-time missionary I learned of its truthfulness, for myself, and then I spent two years teaching and testifying to people the truth that I had found for myself.  I was reading in the Book of Mormon and a scripture 'popped out' at me.

"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."  (Ether 12:4)

Guidance and a clear direction are very important to me.  As people, we all get that from different sources.  I am grateful to good parents who showed me the way.  I still had to choose but they helped me.  I give thanks to Becky for wanting to go the same way.  She is a great source of strength and unconditional love.
The 'lights' came on again for me just like they have many other times before for which I am most grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment