Tuesday, July 17, 2012

One For The Money

When our kids were younger and much smaller, Becky and I would each grab an arm and a leg and we would recite while swinging the kid up and down: "One for the money. Two for the show. Three to get ready and four to go." We would then hoist them high into the air and catch them before their feet could hit the ground. We would watch as they laughed and giggled with pleasure. My parents did that to me and I'm sure it happened with them too.
I watched this exact thing happen with two young parents and a young child. My brain was flooded with those fond memories of a day long since passed. I could see the big smiles on our kid's faces. They really got a kick out of that. We enjoyed watching them.
Each day presents an opportunity to make good memories that will last a lifetime.
"One for the money. Two for the show. Three to get ready and four to go." Such a small memory brings back many others just like it. I love my life and I love the opportunities that lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment