Saturday, February 25, 2012

Let's See Him

When our oldest daughter, Natalie, was just a young toddler, she asked us one Sunday afternoon if we could see Jesus.  Becky and I were puzzled by her inquisition.  We asked her several times over what exactly she meant, hoping that we would better understand her.  Becky and I still didn't understand what she was talking about.  Finally after some thought, Becky realized that she was talking about seeing the statue of Jesus at Temple Square, in Salt Lake City.  That afternoon, the three of us took a little trip to Temple Square.  As we walked up the rotunda and she saw the statue of 'The Christus', we could see that He was familiar to her.  For several times in the following weeks, we went to Temple Square to see Jesus.
Becky and I are so grateful we took those opportunities.  Those are 'gems' that we have saved in our memory banks.  We talk about them, once in a while, and feel grateful for the way they touch our lives.  The time flies by so swiftly and yet those memories are deeply etched into our hearts and minds.
I am grateful for my own feelings of Jesus.  I know that He is my Savior and the Redeemer of all mankind.  
Natalie taught me that even a visit to Temple Square to see that large, beautiful statue of Jesus would impact us for the good.
Today, I want to pay close attention to Him and all that He has done for me.  By the things that I say and do, I too can see Him.  That is the greatest desire of my heart and I hope it is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment